Wednesday 15 June 2011

Sneaking in at Racing Club Strasbourg

This was one of the most dangerous AiT 'Sneaking In' missions so far. I probably wouldn't have bothered going at all if I'd realised that the city of Strasbourg also has a team called FC Kronenbourg, I'd have been all over that tinpot/beer cross in a gaelic shrug of the shoulders. Any jokes about them playing a 1-6-6-4 formation will be instantly deleted.

First, some facts which have been copy and pasted from Wikipedia, then altered slightly to give the impression of some element of research.
  1. When permission to build the stadium was given the land was in Germany. The land, like the rest of Strasbourg, is now in Le France.
  2. U2 played here in 1993 supported by The Velvet Underground.
  3. One of the first bicycle kicks was scored in this stadium, by the Brazilian Leonidas, during the 1938 World Cup.
  4. The stadium is fully rectangular
  5. Pope John Paul II played here in 1988 supported by Father Dougal McGuire.
Anyway, here's the latest in the series of boring photos from a ground I've trespassed around.

Dull shot of exterior of uninspiring ground. Check.

A helpful map, sadly not indicating the magic door to get me in.

Fair to say that sneaking in wasn't going to well. Bet Bono didn't have this trouble getting in.

The French resistance.

Aha! The magic gate, but what the chuff is that. It's heading straight for me!

It's on my right as well. Zoinks! I'm surrounded! Decide it's an autopsy on the Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters and I should be safe.

Decide to take a dull picture of some seats and pretend I've not seen it.

Attempt a half seat/half pitch picture in an attempt to see if "the thing" is still there.

Decide to head for the exit, just to be sure. Left my proton pack at home and this ground isn't really worth the risk.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.....a giant amoeba-like alien that terrorizes the small community of Strasbourg eh? Let me get Steve McQueen on the blower - he can play the lead, and as for a director, any quibbles with Irvin "Shorty" Yeaworth?

    ReplyDelete