Monday 6 June 2011

Sneaking in at Belenenses

I've said it once and I'll say it again; Lisbon offers the ultimate 'sneaking in a tinpot football ground while the missus thinks you're doing something cultural' opportunity.

I've given you the heads up for Almada AC and if you're feeling brave read on and have a cheeky go at getting your way into Belenenses' ground, the Estádio do Restelo. For your information Belenenses play in the Liga Orangina, of course the Liga Orangina!!


Belenenses play in the district of Belem, which is home to some of Lisbon's most famous tourist attractions like the Torre de Belém and the Jerónimos Monastery. The Tower and the Monastery are both on the banks of the river Tagus and just up the hill, a mere accidentally on purprose wrong turn away, behind the Monastery, is this cheeky little number.





1 comment:

  1. I saw a fairly grim 0-0 draw against Vitoria Setubal there a couple of seasons ago on a freezing January evening, the season they were relegated I believe. We huddled together for warmth in the main stand and I stood out as a foreigner as I had woolly hat and gloves on, dressed for The Hawthorns. The Portuguese usually have no need for such frippery! These pics brought back some nice memories of my first overseas groundhopping trip. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete